V - GF - DF - RSF - EF
2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds (I used almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp almond butter
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
85% dark chocolate, cut into little chunks
1. line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the nuts to the size you want, the smaller the less crumbly the bars will be. Then combine the nuts in a large bowl with the seeds, chia seeds, desicated coconut and salt.
3. In a small microwave proof bowl add the coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract, and brown rice syrup. Heat for 20-30 seconds and stir until smooth and mixed thoroughly.
4. Pour the melted mixture over the nut mixture and stir until evenly coated.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and press down firmly with the back of a spatula.
6. Sprinkle the granola bars with chocolate chunk pieces and press down, and top with desicated coconut and almond butter.
7. Freeze for an hour before slicing into bars, and store in the fridge.