V - DF - GF - RSF - EG
Makes 12 mini cupcake cups or 6 cupcake size cups
For the cups
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup arrowroot
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp coconut milk
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp maple syrup
For the chocolate filling
170g 80% dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp almond butter 6 tsp smooth peanut butter
Sea salt flakes
To make the cups
1. preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and grease a mini or normal cupcake tray with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl combine the coconut, arrowroot, and salt. The add the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and mix through until the mixture is evenly coated.
3. Divide the mixture up evenly between the prepared cupcake tin and press down and up the sides firmly.
4. Bake until golden around the edges, roughly about 15 minutes. Let them cool in the tray for a bit before removing and allowing to cool completely on a cooling rack.
To make the filling
1. In a small saucepan over a low heat combine the chocolate, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth, then add the almond butter and stir in until it is smooth again.
2. Turn off the heat and set aside. Then add 1 tsp of peanut butter into the bottom of each cups (or half a tsp for the mini cups).
3. Then spoon the chocolate filling on top of the peanut butter filling the cups up.
4. Sprinkle with some almond slices, sea salt flakes, and strawberry halves.
5. Store in the fridge in an airtight container... if they last that long!